Friday, August 26, 2005

oh, the postal service

Mail Art

Mail Art

I send a great deal of post to strangers and even stranger people then the anonymous. This little missive made its way to someone in a country i have already forgotten. I foudnd the address on a list that came to me in the mail. Quite the surprise, an unasuming tan evnvelope postmarked in Japan from a Ryosuke Cohen. The contents were as follows: A) a list os addresses from around the world B) a large piece of paper, screaming with color: stickers and hand carved stamps.

What could it mean?

I discovered his mail art call:


Please send me your stamp design, rubberstamp, or 150 stickers or seals. I will print or paste these materials onto the A3 size paper, creating 150 sheets. I will then send a sheet back with a list of addresses to each participant. I will publish at intervals of 8 to 10 days at that time will include 60 people or so. Brain Cell is always seeking a change, does not intend to settle and care of it’s extension of the Network. So... don’t mail a lump of stuff for several issues. Please send them to me one issue at a time, Thank you!

Ryosuke Cohen c/o Brain Cell
3-76-1-A-613 Yagumokitacho Moriguchi City Osaka 570 Japan
TEL&FAX +81.6.6991.1507
E-mail : braincell@k6.dion.ne.jp

THe madness!!!!! He does this every week or so!!!

So, of course, i had to submit.

stamp

tools for stamp

5 Comments:

Blogger Fern Lady said...

What a sweet blog you have! I found you through the small object's blog. I assume you might be at Mt. Holyoke in S. Hadley? I went to Smith about a decade ago. Is Dinoland still in S. Hadley? I did a photo essay on it when I was at Smith... I need to dig those photos out. It was this privately owned place that had all these fossilazed dinosuar footprints. But even then (1991) the owner was quite old, so it may not be around anymore.

At any rate, I will check back now and then and see what crafty things you are up to :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omg how fabulous is this project!! And you made that stamp?? Wanna make me one? :D hehe.. I can trade you some of my stash if you're interested. Just lemme know!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

how fun!! love your art stuff; love your blog. :o)

2:46 PM  
Blogger kath red said...

wow - amazing and strange and fun

thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog - have a merry christmas.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Christabel said...

Love the idea, but I'm sure it would require near-superhuman dedication. Kudos to that guy.
(Love your stamp, and your blog.)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home